Laurie EricksonComments Off on Laurie Erickson
Laurie Erickson attended school in New York, Boston and South Florida graduating with a degree in interior design from the International Fine Arts College. Post-graduation, she established an interior design business serving clients for more than 20 years.
Laurie has always been dedicated to community service with emphasis on supporting women and children.
Her committee work and support extend to:
- Morikami Museum of Delray Beach, Florida
- The Children’s Achievement Center in Delray Beach
- Unicorn Children’s Foundation
- The Cleveland Clinic and the Children’s Museum of South Florida
- Morgantown United Way Women’s Campaign
- Leadership Council for the Women of West Virginia University
- Leadership Council for the WVU Cancer Institute and 2019 Chair of the Cancer Institute Gala
Laurie Erickson is the Chair of the Erickson Foundation in Parkersburg which has been working with Universities and Colleges around the State. Presently there are 12 Erickson Alumni Centers in West Virginia.
She has raised fund to support the Presidents Home at Marshall University.
Laurie Erickson’s board service includes:
Foundation Board of Concord University where she raised $450,000 for their President’s home
Chair and member of the Blaney House Visiting Committee at WVU for 9 years
Laurie is engaged to E. Gordon Gee, President of West Virginia University. In her capacity as WVU’s First Lady she is proud to be a part of the Mountaineer family supporting its Land-grant mission and supporting its faculty, staff and students.